If you follow my blog, you might have learned a few things about me.
- I had a spinal fusion in November, 2015 that effectively ended my working career. The fusion was preceded by a rotator cuff repair in May, 2015.
- I am a practicing Roman Catholic, having converted in 2010 at age 59, from The Episcopal Church USA. “Practicing ” means I go to both Mass and Reconciliation (Confession) regularly, pray The Rosary, abstain from meat on Friday as a penance. Most importantly, I take Church teaching on love and compassion very seriously. My faith is like a “hard limit” with me. I realize a lot of you have had some truly crappy experiences with the Church. I understand. I’m sorry it was so bad for you. Part of converting meant I had to get two previous marriages that ended in divorce annulled under Canon (Church) Law. I totally get the annulment ordeal.
- I am a recovering alcoholic, 22 years sober, AA attending. Along with The Church, I use the 12 Steps of AA in ordering and directing my life . Patience and tolerance are among the gifts I take from them.
- Partly from AA, partly from family history, and partly from my own personal experiences around sex and gender identity, I am very accepting around LGBT issues. If you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, that’s OK by me. To that end I am curious about your lives and how you view the world.
- On the lighter side, I like to cook. I also like to exercise, swimming and power walking mostly.
This takes us to the first topic in the title, Lurking. All you Butch Lesbians and Bisexuals out there should know I read your blogs. Occasionally I will “like” a post. I realize most Butches are OK with my reading. Some aren’t. To those who aren’t OK with people of my demographic reading your blogs, I’m sorry. But I’m not quitting, unless you bore me to death.
Topic #2. Substitutions. Since I like to cook and am in Recovery, I find substitutions for wine, beer and spirits in food challenging. Most times I simply not use a recipe with alcohol. I know how alcohol cooks off in a lot of cases. But the “esters”, those wonderful compounds that give different wines their unique and characteristic flavor, give me a headache. Any tips on substitutes for alcohol would be appreciated.
Topic #3 Sleep. Between not having a job and chronic, albeit moderate, pain. I don’t sleep well. Throw in the Cubs winning the Series, and my circadian rhythm has no rhythm. I’m like Ward Cleaver dancing.
That’s it. I’m done for now.